Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Doug and I spent Christmas Eve day, Christmas day, and Boxing day packing up the great room, kitchen, laundry room, and hall closet then left town around 8:00 pm Sunday night for a few days. We spent all day Monday wondering what was going on at the house and wishing we had a video camera installed there so we could see what was happening.  I received an unexpected email from Cathy, Ricky's wife, saying that Ricky knew we'd like to know what they'd gotten done & had taken some pictures of the day's progress. Mallorie, Cathy's daughter, emailed me the pictures and when I downloaded them I was in total shock! Talk about ch-ch-changes! I actually had tears in my eyes; the kitchen I left on Sunday was no longer there.

Kitchen before the demolition began.
Kitchen after demolition began ( I hope Ricky knows the oven goes, too).
Cabinets, sink, and ceiling have all been ripped out.
Notice that the small wall that was to the right of the stove has been removed.
Before picture of the kitchen and great room (take note of the GR ceiling).
After shot of the kitchen & great room.
Insulation from the ceiling.
KC checking things out (or begging for food).
Inside of our lovely resident dumpster.
Looks like this is a new dumpster; the old one was full when we left.
 Ricky... I'll be expecting pictures each day! Thanks so much!

No comments: