Sunday, November 21, 2010

TDSW

TDSW? Bet you are wondering what in the world TDSW is? Nope, it does not stand for  "The Discount Shoe Warehouse",  which is my favorite shoe store in the world (actually that is DSW). Since I couldn't think of a catchy title for this blog, I just decided to use the initials of what I'm blogging about today.

T is for Tile(s)
The tile for the shower & bathtub should be completed soon. The contractors ran into some "no so squared walls" and are having to improvise and make some corrections, which is taking longer than expected. In the meantime, I have to decide on grout color. Should I go with a darker or lighter grout? I keep thinking a darker color will hide any hints of dirt. Any suggestions are welcomed!
Shower with border and soap dish
Shower floor, wall, and border

D is for Door(s)
As I mentioned in the previous post, the doors for upstairs were delivered and have been moved from the front porch to upstairs. They have not been installed but are waiting on that special day.
Doors for rooms



Door for crawlspace. These doors have a weatherized strip on backside for added insulation.
Doors for the crawlspace will go on left and right of dormer area

S is for Sheetrock.
The sheetrock guy has completed sheetrocking and the walls are ready for paint. Anyone who chooses sheetrocking as a career is a very special (or totally insane) person. I have no idea how someone can stand to work with all the mud and dust involved! There is a constant film of white dust everywhere.
Sheetrocked walls ready for paint. What color should I pick?





W is for Window(s)
All the new windows have been installed and the insulation foam has been sprayed. Yay for no more drafts after all is complete.
Vinyl windows that will pop out for easy cleaning
Window in bathroom. 






The new windows upstairs across back of house.
Notice the pipe that runs up the back of the house? That should be removed this week if EMC shows up as planned.


1 comment:

Amanda & Walker said...

I can't wait to use that new shower...if Charkee will allow me to!