Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cleaning Day!

Kristen and I spent most of the day trying to organize things upstairs. While I don't love cleaning, I hate living in clutter worse. The first thing on my agenda today was to clean the upstairs bathtub. Oh my! That tub was a major backache! After trying all sorts of cleaners I finally decided to pull out a pumice stone. Two hours later, I had a sparkling clean tub! I dare anyone to leave a ring in that tub now!

Lots of elbow grease and a pumice stone did the trick!

Loving a clean, functional bathroom.
After I finished cleaning the tub, Kristen helped me organize the rest of upstairs. We had boxes stacked all over the place so we began tackling them and got some of them unpacked. We then set up our mini kitchen in the hall. Since we have no kitchen, Doug and I feel like we are back in college living in a dorm (this dorm room is a lot nicer and bigger than the ones I lived in).
Our new mini kitchen.
Coffee pot and microwave on the left.
Bread, grits, granola bars, and spices in the center.
Wine glasses, wine, and fruit on the right.
Refrigerator is still downstairs.

We then set up a small dining area in one of the bedrooms. We have to have a place to eat other than on the bed!
Our dining room.
 We then worked on unpacking our clothes and shoes and organizing our closets. I still need to do more work on organizing the clothes but at least now we don't have to dig through boxes trying to find things.
I feel like I'm in DSW with such a wonderful shoe closet!

Doug has his own closet.
The bedrooms are clutter free and its so nice to look around and not have boxes all over the place (well, there are still a few left).
Kristen's bedroom.

Our dorm bedroom. Kami is checking out the mattress.
The window treatments are temporary. We had to have something
to give us some privacy until we decide what we really want.
 While we were cleaning and organizing, Ricky, Britton, and the sheetrockers were downstairs putting in windows and sheet rock.
New windows and sheet rock in master bedroom.
This is a before picture of the windows in the master bedroom.
Outside of house after new bedroom windows were installed.
Before bedroom windows were moved.
 Weather forecasters are predicting a major winter storm in our area tomorrow night and Monday. I asked Doug yesterday before I came home if we would be able to have a fire in our fireplace this weekend. He laughed and me and said, "Not with all the stuff in the great room". I didn't really believe him until I got home and took a look.

Nope, don't think we'll be building a fire in the fireplace
this weekend.



2 comments:

Betty said...

Your two bedroom apartment looks great! I know you will love it when you get to move downstairs.

Amanda & Walker said...

I love the mini kitchen....all the essentials are present