Sunday, January 16, 2011

Construction Happenings

Doug and I had an appointment in Newnan yesterday at Mega-Granite to finalize our granite selections for the kitchen and master bath countertops. When we left home, Ricky, Jeff the plumber, and Red the sheetrocker were here working and we had no water. When we arrived back home hours later we had water and electricity and lots of mud on the sheetrock!

I was so excited when I looked in the laundry room and the washer and dryer were hooked up. That meant I could finally wash clothes (our laundromats in Thomaston are not the most desirable places to be). After washing one load of clothes, I put them in the dryer and turned the dryer on. UH-OH....something did not sound right so I turned the dryer off and looked behind the dryer to see what was going on. It looked like the dryer vent was not hooked up, but I knew it had been before I turned the dryer on. It seems when I turned the dryer on, the vent hose went puuuffff, so I asked Doug to look at it. After a few minutes, I heard  #$%^&* and asked him what was wrong. The vent hose was completely gone and was under the house somewhere. So as of right now, I have a dryer full of wet clothes...

Washer and dryer were moved back into laundry room temporarily.
Looked what was in someone's pocket and came out during the wash!
$$$


Ricky has been working in the master bath getting things ready for the new shower and tile flooring. He has also been constructing a pocket door for the closet.
Makings of the new shower in the master bath
All four windows are now in in the master bath.

Pocket door for master closet

The AC vent is in the hall and some changes are being made so its a little more attractive.That ugly vent needed to go!
The old grate will be replaced and some cosmetic work will be done.
Cosmetic work in progress.
Here's a sneak preview of the granite that will be going on the kitchen and bathroom countertops.
Tropic Brown for kitchen countertops
Cafe Montana for bathroom countertop

As soon as the countertops are installed we will make an appointment for the granite folks to come out and make a template so they can begin cutting the granite.

UPDATE ON DRYER: Doug went under the house this morning and got the hose and reconnected it. We are spending our day washing/drying/folding clothes. Never thought I'd be so happy to do laundry!

1 comment:

Alice and Jay said...

That is TOO cute! I want to be like CharKee and just sit in the window all day AND collect money from the wash!