Sunday, January 23, 2011

Doors, Primer, and Dust!

New doors have been installed, ceilings and crown molding have a coat or two of primer and the entire upstairs and downstairs of the house is covered in a white dust! I spent a couple hours yesterday dusting, sweeping, and moping floors upstairs trying to get rid of some of the dust that drifted up that way. Doug spent a few hours vacuuming up the dust on the floors downstairs so we wouldn't track it upstairs! Hey, I am not complaining about the dust at all; its a sign of all the progress that is being made downstairs.

When I got home, Monday seemed to be a pretty good day after all! Who says Mondays are so bad!
When I left for work on Friday, the new doors were piled up against the stairs. 
Notice the old front door.
When I got home, we had a new front door in the great room.

Outside view of new front door and bedroom windows.
Before new front door & bedroom windows were installed.
New doors in the hall area...
The one on the left leads into the laundry room.
The small one on the right hides the electrical panel.
This door leads into the closet under the stairwell.
The hall area has tons of doors but all haven't been installed.
Yesterday the painters came to put a coat of primer on the ceiling. Since we had to evacuate the house by 9:00 a.m. for a few hours the pups and I went to my office to catch up on some things that I had to have completed and ready to go out to the schools on Monday. Doug ran some errands then picked up two of the pups and headed home to work outside. Kami and I arrived back home around 2:00 to see what the painters had done.
Ceiling after sheetrock has been sanded and prior to being primed.
Ceiling and crown molding after a coat of primer.
All the ceilings downstairs received a coat of primer.
The time is getting close for me to make a decision on what color I want the walls painted.

No comments: